Last week marked the beginning of my last and probably most intense semester. I’m taking five classes, which I’ve done before, but this time there’s an internship to accompany the thrill of school work. When I say “thrill” I’m not being sarcastic. All of my classes are fun! Here’s a short summary of what I’ll be doing in each…
- Advertising Copywriting – Create a strategy and design advertisements with emphasis on copywriting (text on the ad).
- Intermediate Creative Writing – This is the last class towards my English minor. If you know me well then you know writing is my first passion. Thankfully this class will also help me sharpen my skills for all the writing I’ll be doing in PR.
- Advertising & Public Relations Workshop – If I had to choose, this would probably be my favorite class. Professors are no longer expecting college-level work. We are to design a campaign for a real client using everything we’ve learned in our major – creating a strategy, advertising, public relations, and more.
- Advertising Design – I had considered learning the basics of Photoshop and this class entices me to do so as it focuses on design.
- Ethics – I thought this would be a dull class but boy, was I wrong! Fortunately, the professor is rather lively, and I’m looking forward to learning about law, ethics, and maybe, just maybe, envisioning one of my favorite shows in class – Suits.
- The PR Internship – Originally, I’d intended to share my week to week experiences at my internship, but as an aspiring PR professional, I thought it’d be ethical to ask first. In order to protect the image of the company I am potentially representing, I will not disclose any information, but I do aim to obtain permission to do so once the semester is over.
What does your semester look like? Are you excited? I’d like to know what your classes are like. Share below or send me a tweet @thePRwoman.